Joanna Jędrzejczyk - Wikipedia
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (Polish: [jɔˈanna jɛnˈdʐɛjt͡ʂɨk] ( listen); born August 18, 1987) is a Polish mixed martial artist and former Muay Thaikickboxer who competes in the women's strawweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She is the former UFC Women's Strawweight Champion and she is the third European (and only Polish) champion in UFC history after Bas Rutten in 1999 and Andrei Arlovski in 2005. Prior to her defeat to Rose Namajunas, she was the #1 pound-for-pound female MMA fighter in the world. She is also currently the #15 pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC mixed gender rankings.
Due to her surname being difficult to pronounce for English speakers, fans and the media have given her unofficial nicknames, such as "Joanna Champion,""Joanna Violence" and simply "Joanna.".
Muay Thai and kickboxing
Jędrzejczyk discovered Muay Thai when she was 16, while taking up fitness, which eventually led her to compete in national and European tournaments. Jędrzejczyk competed in Muay Thai and kickboxing for 10 years, winning over 60 matches. Her amateur Muay Thai accomplishments include six IFMA world medals (five gold, one silver) and four IFMA Eurpopean championships with a record of 37 wins and 3 losses. During her professional career Jędrzejczyk won five world titles including the WKN World Championship, J Girls Championship, WBKF Championship, WKF European Championship, and the WMC Championship. Her professional record is 27-3.
Mixed martial arts
Jędrzejczyk made her professional debut in mixed martial arts (MMA) on May 19, 2012, at SFT - MMA Fight Night Diva SPA against Sylwia Juskiewicz, winning via unanimous decision. On December 8, 2012, at MFC 5 she defeated Lily Kazak by submission via rear-naked choke. On June 20, 2013, at Battle of Moscow 12 she defeated the then #1 Russian WMMAflyweight fighter Julia Berezikova via unanimous decision.
By July 2013, Jędrzejczyk was the #7 women's flyweight fighter in the world by Fight Matrix.
On June 7, 2014, at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 69 she defeated Rosi Sexton via knockout in the second round.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Jędrzejczyk officially signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in July 2014. She made her promotional debut, now fighting as a strawweight, on July 26, 2014, at UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. Brown against Juliana Lima. She won the fight via unanimous decision.
Jędrzejczyk next faced undefeated strawweight top contender Cláudia Gadelha on December 13, 2014, at UFC on Fox 13. She won the fight via split decision. The judges' decision was met with much controversy as the majority of the MMA media scored the bout in favor of Gadelha.
Jędrzejczyk faced Carla Esparza for the UFC Strawweight Championship on March 14, 2015, at UFC 185. Jędrzejczyk won the one-sided bout via TKO in the second round, becoming the first UFC title-holder from Poland and first female European UFC champion. Subsequently, Jędrzejczyk won a Performance of the Night bonus.
Jędrzejczyk's first title defense was against Jessica Penne on June 20, 2015, at UFC Fight Night: Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne in Berlin, Germany. She successfully defended the title against Penne, defeating her in the third round via TKO following a flurry of punches and a knee against the cage. Both participants were awarded Fight of the Night honors. Jędrzejczyk later underwent surgery to repair a fractured thumb incurred during the fight.
In her second title defense, Jędrzejczyk faced Valérie Létourneau on November 15, 2015, in the co-main event at UFC 193. She won the fight by unanimous decision to retain her title. The 220 significant strikes landed by Jędrzejczyk were the most ever in a championship fight. 70 leg kicks were landed by Jędrzejczyk, the most in UFC history. The previous record was 68, set by Carlos Condit against Nick Diaz at UFC 143.
In early 2016, the UFC announced that Jędrzejczyk would be one of the coaches, opposite former opponent Cláudia Gadelha on The Ultimate Fighter 23. A rematch between the two took place on July 8, 2016, at The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. She won the fight via unanimous decision. Both participants were awarded Fight of the Night for their performance.
Jędrzejczyk successfully defended her title for the 4th consecutive time by defeating fellow PoleKarolina Kowalkiewicz by unanimous decision on November 12, 2016, at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden, the first event the promotion had held in the historic arena.
Jędrzejczyk faced Jessica Andrade on May 13, 2017, at UFC 211. She won the fight via unanimous decision, and successfully defended her title for the fifth consecutive time. Jędrzejczyk landed the most significant strikes in UFC championship history (225), had the highest significant strike differential in UFC championship history (142), and broke her previous record for most leg kicks thrown in a single fight (75).
Losing the UFC Strawweight Championship
For her sixth title defense, Jędrzejczyk faced Rose Namajunas at UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden in New York on November 4, 2017. She was knocked overconfident going into the fight and was knocked down early in the first round after Namajuanas threw a left hook that knocked Jedrzejcyk down. After standing back up, a few seconds later. Jedrcejczyk went on to lose her title after she was caught with a left hook on the chin by Namajunas and tapped due to strikes. This was Jedrzejcyk's first loss in her professional MMA career.  Jedrzejcyk's excuse for losing the Strawweight Title was extreme weight cut.
Strawweight Championship rematch
A title fight rematch between Namajunas and Jędrzejczyk is scheduled on April 7, 2018 at UFC 223 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Fighting style and coaches
A decorated kickboxer, Jędrzejczyk is known for precise and calculated striking. She employs a sprawl-and-brawl strategy in MMA fighting. While standing with opponents, she constantly varies between high punches and body shots, also utilizing knees, elbows, and high front kicks. She also uses a flurry of strikes just to confuse the opponent before landing a solid strike, much akin to Chuck Liddell.SportsJoe.ie MMA journalist Darragh Murphy summed up her fighting style: "Her technique has the right combination of sublimity and relentlessness, expressing one's typically violent art through beauty, the perfect storm."
While Jędrzejczyk is soft-spoken and has a quirky and endearing personality with fans, she often employs the use of trash-talk and bullying against her opponents before fights, and her fights have been known to be violent and bloody. UFC president Dana White has praised her stating "She is so bad ass... pound-for-pound [she is the] best female fighter on Earth... Her killer instinct is ridiculous." MMA media have called Jędrzejczyk "must-see TV."
Jędrzejczyk has been praised for her elite level sprawl-and-brawl strategy implementation. Fightland striking analyst Jack Slack has written that "she's being likened to Chuck Liddell, and that is a pretty solid way to describe her...while she has an undoubtedly better technical striking game than Liddell".BloodyElbow.com striking analyst Connor Ruebusch has written "Distance, angles, and damage. These are the key ingredients of successful takedown defense, and the elements that make Joanna Jędrzejczyk and José Aldo such masterful strikers."The Washington Post striking analyst Patrick Wyman has written "Sound fundamentals fuel the best fighters in the world, and nobody has better mastered the bread and butter of footwork and distance management than Aldo and Jedrzejczyk".Foxsports.com striking analyst Jason Parillo has stated "Joanna's MMA boxing is remarkable. It's second to none".
Starting with her UFC 205 training camp, she began training at American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida.
Joanna Jędrzejczyk was born in Olsztyn, Poland. She has a twin sister, Katarzyna, and one older sister, Ewa. She is engaged to Polish native Przemysław Buta. Jędrzejczyk is a Catholic, and prays with a Rosary before entering the ring or Octagon.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- J-Girls Kickboxing Federation
- World Budokai Federation
- World Kickboxing Federation
- WKF European Champion (2010)
- World Kickboxing Network
- WKN World Champion (2010)
- IFMA European Championships
- IFMA European Champion (four times)
- World Muaythai Council
- WMC/EMF European Champion (one time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||14 wins||1 loss|
|Loss||14–1||Rose Namajunas||TKO (punches)||UFC 217||000000002017-11-04-0000November 4, 2017||1||3:03||New York City, New York, United States||Lost the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||14–0||Jéssica Andrade||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 211||000000002017-05-13-0000May 13, 2017||5||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States||Defended the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||13–0||Karolina Kowalkiewicz||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 205||000000002016-11-12-0000November 12, 2016||5||5:00||New York City, New York, United States||Defended the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||12–0||Cláudia Gadelha||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia Finale||000000002016-07-08-0000July 8, 2016||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Defended the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||11–0||Valérie Létourneau||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 193||000000002015-11-15-0000November 15, 2015||5||5:00||Melbourne, Australia||Defended the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||10–0||Jessica Penne||TKO (punches and knee)||UFC Fight Night: Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne||000000002015-06-20-0000June 20, 2015||3||4:22||Berlin, Germany||Defended the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||9–0||Carla Esparza||TKO (punches)||UFC 185||000000002015-03-14-0000March 14, 2015||2||4:17||Dallas, Texas, United States||Won the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship. Performance of the Night.|
|Win||8–0||Cláudia Gadelha||Decision (split)||UFC on Fox: dos Santos vs. Miocic||000000002014-12-13-0000December 13, 2014||3||5:00||Phoenix, Arizona, United States||UFC Women's Strawweight title eliminator.|
|Win||7–0||Juliana Lima||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. Brown||000000002014-07-26-0000July 26, 2014||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States||Strawweight debut; Lima missed weight (116.5 lbs).|
|Win||6–0||Rosi Sexton||KO (punch)||CWFC 69: Super Saturday||000000002014-06-07-0000June 7, 2014||2||2:36||London, England|
|Win||5–0||Karla Benitez||Decision (unanimous)||WAM: Fabinski vs. Herb||000000002014-05-09-0000May 9, 2014||3||5:00||Warsaw, Poland|
|Win||4–0||Julia Berezikova||Decision (unanimous)||Fight Nights: Battle of Moscow 12||000000002013-06-20-0000June 20, 2013||2||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||3–0||Kate Jackson||TKO (doctor stoppage)||PLMMA 17 Extra: Warmia Heroes||000000002013-05-18-0000May 18, 2013||2||5:00||Olsztyn, Poland|
|Win||2–0||Lily Kazak||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Makowski FC 5||000000002012-12-08-0000December 8, 2012||1||3:22||Nowa Sol, Poland||Flyweight debut.|
|Win||1–0||Sylwia Juśkiewicz||Decision (unanimous)||SFT: MMA Diva Fight Night SPA||000000002012-05-19-0000May 19, 2012||2||5:00||Kolobrzeg, Poland||Catchweight (121 lbs) bout.|
Amateur mixed martial arts record
|Amateur record breakdown|
|2 matches||2 wins||0 losses|
|Win||2–0||Karolina Kowalkiewicz||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Amatorska Liga MMA 18||000000002012-03-04-0000March 4, 2012||1||4:18||Sochaczew, Poland|
|Win||1–0||Paulina Suska||Decision (unanimous)||Amatorska Liga MMA 18||000000002012-03-04-0000March 4, 2012||1||5:00||Sochaczew, Poland|
- ^"Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Jędrzejczyk vs. Penne". UFC.com. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- ^"Why UFC Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk Is A Name You Need To Learn To Pronounce". ESPN. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- ^"Unified Women's Mixed Martial Arts Rankings - MMARising.com". mmarising.com.
- ^"Sherdog.com's WMMA Pound-for-Pound Top 10". Sherdog.
- ^"Current MMA Rankings & Women's Pound for Pound". fightmatrix.com.
- ^"Top 15 Women's Pound-For-Pound MMA Rankings". www.mmarising.com. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- ^"Jedrzejczyk solidifies her place as the pound-for-pound number one". Fox Sports. 10 July 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- ^"Fighter Rankings - UFC ®". UFC.
- ^Wagenheim, Jeff. "Joanna Champion: Jędrzejczyk wows Rousey with Fight Night 69 win". SI.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- ^Coffeen, Fraser (2016-11-12). "UFC 205 primer: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- ^"Official UFC Fighter Profile". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-12.
- ^ abGooden, John (2014-12-13). "UFC 185: Joanna Jedrzejczyk profile - just for kicks….and a UFC world title". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- ^"Women's MMA Report: Aguilar defeats Fujii at Bellator 69, Invicta FC 2 card takes shape - MMAjunkie". MMAjunkie. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^"Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Lily Kazak". Cagerank.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^"Joanna Jędrzejczyk Defeats Julia Berezikova At Battle Of Moscow 12". MMArising.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^"Fight Matrix | Historical MMA Rankings » Published Ranking Snapshots - Page ?Issue=314&Division=14". www.fightmatrix.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- ^"Cage Warriors – Super Saturday: Results - SplitDecision MMA UK". SplitDecision MMA UK. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^"Welcome to the UFC: Lukasz Sajewski & Joanna Jedrzejczyk". Bloody Elbow. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^"UFC on FOX 12 results, photos: Joanna Jedrzejczyk tops Juliana Lima in UFC debut". MMAjunkie. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- ^Karol Dąbrowski (2014-10-17). "UFC on Fox: Joanna Jędrzejczyk zawalczy z Claudią Cadelha już 13-go grudnia w Phoenix (Polish)". mmanews.pl.
- ^"Media scores of the fight Claudia Gadelha vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk". Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- ^Dave Doyle (2015-01-14). "Carla Esparza defends strawweight title against Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 185". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-01-14.
- ^Thomas Myers (2015-03-15). "UFC 185 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk sprawls, brawls and crushes Carla Esparza, wins Strawweight title". mmamania.com.
- ^C.J. Tuttle (2015-03-15). "UFC 185 Bonuses: Dos Anjos, Jedrzejczyk, Pearson, Dariush earn $50K awards". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-03-15.
- ^Ben Fowlkes (2015-06-20). "UFC Fight Night 69 results: UFC Fight Night 69 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk stops Jessica Penne in bloodbath". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-20.
- ^Tristen Critchfield (2015-06-20). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Jedrzejczyk, Penne, Taisumov, Allen garner $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-06-20.
- ^"UFC star Joanna Jedrzejczyk undergoes successful surgery". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- ^"UFC 193 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk defends title against game Valerie Letourneau". MMAjunkie. 2015-11-15. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- ^ ab"By the Numbers: UFC 193". Sherdog.
- ^Jesse Holland (2016-07-08). "TUF 23 Finale live stream results: 'Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha' play-by-play updates". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- ^Ken Pishna (2015-07-09). "TUF 23 Finale results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk outlasts Claudia Gadelha then apologizes". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- ^Tristen Critchfield (2015-07-09). "'TUF 23' Finale bonuses: Jedrzejczyk, Gadelha earn 'Fight of the Night' for spirited battle". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- ^José Youngs (2016-09-23). "Report: Joanna Jędrzejczyk to defend title against Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205". fansided.com. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- ^"UFC 211 results: Joanna Jedrzejczyk dominates gritty Jessica Andrade for 5th title defense". MMAjunkie. 2017-05-14. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ^"FightMetric LLC :.: The World's First Comprehensive MMA Statistics Provider". www.fightmetric.com. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- ^"UFC 217 results: Rose Namajunas KOs Joanna Jedrzejczyk to win title in huge upset". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-05. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- ^"Rose Namajunas to defend title vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk in rematch at UFC 223". MMAjunkie. 2018-01-19. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- ^McKinnell, Ryan (2015-03-09). "Will 'fastest hands in MMA' help Joanna Jedrzejczyk win UFC gold?". Yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- ^Ruebusch, Connor (11 March 2015). "UFC 185 Judo Chop - Joanna Jedrzejczyk: Payback and Fighting Dirty". SB Nation (BloodyElbow.com). Retrieved 12 July 2016.
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz FULL FIGHT NIGHT
Опубликовано: 12.02.2018 | Автор: Автоном
Всего 4 комментариев.
UFC 223 Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov 07 Апр 2018 / Соединенные Штаты боев - 17 побед - 16 проигр. - 1 ничья - 0. Йоанна Еджейчик (Joanna Jedrzejczyk).
MMA - Смешанные боевые искусства Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Andrade. Просмотры.
Rose Namajunas vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk UFC 217 Highlights - Продолжительность: 1:55 MMA Clips 82 721 просмотр.
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (Polish: [jɔˈanna jɛnˈdʐɛjt͡ʂɨk] (listen); born August 18, 1987) is a Polish mixed martial artist and former Muay Thai kickboxer who competes in the women's.
Joanna Jędrzejczyk was born in Olsztyn (Poland), 18th of August 1987. She's Polish MMA fighter. Joanna is the current UFC Women's Strawweight Champion.
Перейдите на страницу пользователя, чтобы посмотреть публикации или отправить сообщение.Подписчиков: 254 тыс.